Friday, April 11, 2008

Trampoline flashback

So it has been quite rainy, meaning the grass is soggy. I have been worn out telling the kids to remove shoes when they come back in covered in mud. And currently the only attraction in the backyard is our little trampoline. So I moved the tramp next to the backdoor stoop so the kids can skip walking on the muddy grass. Is it safe? . . . probably not.
But it threw me back to when I was a kid and we were living in "Hill's House".(we moved alot so we usually refer to a house by who moved in after us) We had the tramp butted up to the kitchen door. So we could just jump right out the door. Funny thing, all I ever remember about that tramp is when Quinn fell on his back and had his head stuck between the springs. Mom was in doing cub scouts, and Quinn was yelling for help.
The world has definitely changed from the days of no trampoline enclosures, and no car seats. I distinctly remember as a kid riding behind the seat in the storage area of a black El Camino, ha ha. Those were the days. . . care free. I always have grand visions of giving my kids the childhood I had, but we don't live in the middle of nowhere so we will have to think of something else, hehehe

2 comments:

  1. You aren't kidding. My how times have changed. I don't know how we ever survived. Sometimes I wish it was just like the good old days because I feel like there are so many additional pressures on us as parents not to keep kids safe. It makes me a STRESSED OUT mom!

    BTW, I am so excited you got your ticket even though it was a hefty sum of money. I will definitely try to make it worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it will be worth it, i am not worried. don't stress

    ReplyDelete