We volunteered at church to host two girls overnight from the BYUIdaho group touring for two weeks in this part of the country, and it was very fun. We have done this once before last year with a chorus group from Pocatello. I enjoyed having them in our home. One girl AnnaLee Wilcox was actually the little sister of Julene Wilcox that went to school at Madison High the same year as I. Unfortunately she had passed away after having been given penicillin which she was extremely allergic to. She suffered for two years before passing away. It was pretty tragic. I think Annalee had a good time looking through some old yearbooks of mine that she had never seen before. Julene was actually the homecoming queen one year. Its crazy how life turns out after high school.
The funny part was that the girls were totally getting a kick out of the styles back then. It made me feel kinda old. But I am happy with where I am and what I am doing. Life is good.
I had NO idea that Julene Wilcox had passed away that way. How sad. It's sad, but we are getting old aren't we? Can you please move back to Logan and play VBall with me? -Amber
ReplyDeletesomeday amber, hopefully before I am fifty, hehehe
ReplyDeleteI remember Julene. She was really nice. What did she suffer from for two years before she died. Just wondering.
ReplyDelete