Thursday, April 17, 2008

garbage day

So it doesn't happen every week, but maybe every other week. I am lying in bed, but still slightly awake after the hubby leaves for work. In a half comatose state I hear the garbage truck rumbling house to house. I remember that the trash can is still on the side of the house. So I jump up throw on some pants a jacket and whatever shoes are by the front door and run to beat the truck. Today was that day, I have yet to miss the garbage truck. Knock on wood. At this point I only dream of being on the ball and remembering on wed. night and not Thursday morning. Ha, and then at six a.m. I would still be dreaming.
I am sure no one else has this problem of momnesia, forgetfulness brought on by being a mom, ha ha. See you can blame everything on someone else. It is the babies fault I forgot to take out the trash. . . hmmm. . .

2 comments:

  1. that is SO FUNNY . . . it is exactly the same at our house. somehow i'm responsible (not my darling husband) . . . how did that happen! LUCKILY since we are in a culdesac, it comes on the opposite side of the road and i have plenty of time till it comes around to us! i have now delegated this chore to my eldest son, but . . . i STILL jump up because he doesn't always remember. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately you can hear those dumb trucks from 5 miles so we usually get the garbage out in time. Actually that's not fortunate if the garbage comes early enough that you're still in bed...how annoying!

    ReplyDelete