So this morning, my four kids and I got up and out the door by eight to get Ethan's science fair stuff set up. It went fairly smoothly, and we got home without incident which is always a good thing. We had an absolutely gorgeous day, and like every sunny day, Sidney walks to the back door, looks out and proclaims in the most surprised and almost annoyed voice "Sunny Again?" Does that mean it isn't sunny very often? You betcha!
When Ethan got home from school he had a very LARGE medal around his neck. And this wasn't a dollar store medal (apparently our school grows money on the bushes out back). It was solid and heavy, and you better believe Eth was whipping that thing around. Because what child doesn't fling objects on a string around and around. Regardless it did get whipped around and he did hit himself in the side of the head, and I forget how loud a seven year old boy can cry. Yes I said cry and did I mention cry Loudly. Let us compare it to the wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Soon after the pain ceased and all was well, his memory failed him. . . yes it did fail him. I know what you are thinking, "he must have done it again." Nope sorry, there was no more physical pain involved. He starts flinging it around and it slips. Yet no pain was involved, but you would have thought so. This thing sailed up, and up into the sky and then it came down. And where did it land? On the roof of the house. Ethan's arm might as well have been cut off with the screaming and crying that ensued. He instantly thought it was irretrievable. He was wailing, and putting his hands on his face, screaming no! no!nooooooo! I don't want to know what the neighbors thought of the spectacle, but I was trying to hold back my amusement. It took alot of convincing for him to think it was possible to retrieve.
I hope he forgives me, not for writing it now. But for reading it to his new wife in twenty years.
It may be a had to be there moment, I wish I had a video camera. I think I would have won 10000 dollars.
On a side note, Ethan's egg drop survived the ladder today, so tomorrow it will be dropped from a helicopter at the school. He is so proud of himself, and we are proud of him, too. Even if he is a little emotional about his "precious".
HILLARIOUS! I can picture it all! And I DO happen to know how loud a 7-year-old can cry! Our 7-year-old could win some drama awards for sure! Congrats on the medal and the successful science project, Ethan!!!
ReplyDeleteHilarious!
ReplyDeleteoh, that is SOOOO funny!! Both the whacking and the losing on the roof. Poor kiddo. Talk about adding insult to injury. :)
ReplyDeletebut I love the egg drop project. Our science fair was much more open ended and I felt the same way - why am I doing this? I don't know what I'm doing, but it's good for Lydia, right? I think she loved it, so it was worth it in the end. Can't wait to hear how the helicopter drop goes. :)