Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The B word

And I don't mean buddy#$%^&*
Yah, let's chalk it up to a first in motherhood. Some neighborhood boys were using some choice words while ethan was around. Sooooo he decided to try the b word out. Unfortunate or should I say lucky for him I was in earshot. He hadn't the slightest clue what it meant, but it definately threw me for a loop. We had a long discussion about why we don't use swear words. These are the days I am glad I am able to stay at home with my kids. Who would have taught him or caught him should I not have been around. This is the reason I prefer kids to come over to play at our house even though my house gets trashed.

1 comment:

  1. whoa! i woulda liked to have been there to see the look on your face! We forget that when they don't hear swear words at home they don't know what it is when they do hear it. When Tanner was in the first grade he came home from school saying that some kids on the bus said that a## was a bad word. When I told him it is (not technically, but we didn't get into that) and he got this astonished look on his face. I asked him what happened and he said I was so sure it wasn't that I said it over and over again because my friends thought it was funny! Sweet innocent tanner. So that's when we had that little talk! They've gotta learn sometime.

    ReplyDelete