Friday, September 5, 2008

Indian Summer

We have been having gorgeous weather here, I can't even tell you how great it is. It was Ethan's first week back to school, and we have been able to walk with him to the bus stop. Usually if it is raining we drive. So that has been good for the kids and I to get some exercise.
I also just finished some canning: 68 jars later, and 5 gallon freezer bags of fruit for smoothies. It is work, but I am always happy I did it later, key word being "later". ha ha. It definately feels like the end of summer when fruit and veggies are ready for Harvest. I really enjoy this time of year.

Anyhow, if the weather is nice we spend little time indoors so until the rain settles in you may not hear from us too often. But we will try.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you can live with so much rain there. It rained for a week here (two weeks ago) when one of the hurricanes rolled in. While we needed the rain TERRIBLY, it put such a damper on life and plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally impressed with your canning. It is a goal every year and every year I find some good excuse to put it off another year. Maybe we can have a canning party next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are the QUEEN OF CANNING! this is yet another thing i am not good at. i dread it! i talk myself into buying canned fruits at Costco (even though they do not compare to home-canned products! REMEMBER when i canned salsa and i cut up the jalapenos without gloves and my fingers burned for weeks . . . not to mention how stinky they were!!!

    ReplyDelete