Tuesday, February 24, 2009

7 MINUTES

We were welcomed home with pouring rain. . . go figure!! I hear it was sunny most of the time we were gone, which is fine considering it was the same in Utah. Idaho on the other hand has to uphold its reputation of icy roads, cold wind, and snow. . . which the kids loved because grandma and Adrianne have a great sledding hill in their yard. I got some fabulous footage of the sledding bonanza . . . but alas haven't learned how to add video to the blog so you will have to come see me if you want to check it out, hehehe.

I am sure if I took a few minutes I could figure it out, But not too worried about it at the moment since my house is a train wreck that I have been trying to gain control of all morning. This is my attempt to distract myself from it. . . so far so good.

The 7 minute rule has been invoked today because of the HUGE array of suitcases, and traveling paraphernalia. What is the 7 min. rule you ask? It is when you set a timer and spend 7 min. in one room, and then you move on to the next room. The Point???? . . .to motivate myself to keep going and not get overwhelmed . . . while controlling clutter and getting something accomplished until I can devote more time to the details. This may sound ridiculous, But hey sometimes I have to play ridiculous cleaning games with myself to keep up with the kiddos disastrous ways.

Funny that it is not only the kids that need a motivating game sometimes . . .

2 comments:

  1. I like the 7 minute rule Dani! I'll have to use that one. It was good so see ya'll and thanks for the sister-in-law talks and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 7 minute rule. I am horrible at getting distracted along the way of cleaning and nothing really gets done. It drives Ryan crazy! I'll try that next time I am not motivated to clean.

    ReplyDelete