Can you tell I have been a bit busy? Its been a while I know. Super Saturday is coming up, and I vow I will never do it again, ha ha. . . until next year. . . hmmm. It is slightly overwhelming, but only because I am not a fabulous organizer or delegater, But I am trying. The amount of details involved is a little insane.
I apologize ahead of time for my impromptu vent of taxes, quit reading here if you want to avoid ramblings of a not very politically minded woman.
I also had a hearing today because I appealed our tax assessment, I opted to participate via telephone so that was a little stressful. . . trying to keep my thoughts organized on the case I was presenting and calming the attention seeking children in the background. I was totally nervous. . . I know its silly, but hopefully they will make an adjustment.
Since the two years since we moved in, our house payment has increased $250 a month , and if you are asking if it was due to an Adjustable rate mortgage? Nope!!! It has been due to a property tax increase. So I find it seriously ironic that the same government that is bailing out the housing crisis is also contributing to the problem by the same means. So taxes are bailing out the mortgage companies, but who is bailing out the homeowner that pays all their bills, and have good credit? Are they rewarding people for making poor choices financially, and giving them relief? Or are thy punishing those who follow through with their commitments and making them pay for others poor choices?
Our state claims they are in the black and have a rainy day fund, which ticks me off because for 250 dollars a month I could have a rainy day fund, but I don't because I am forced to give it to their rainy day fund which can fund endless debates about the transportation projects which never materialized because they spend millions voting on what to do, but are never okay with the outcome of the vote. So here every year we give them nearly 5000 dollars in property taxes, and they can't manage to make any changes or improvements to anything. I don't know if it is just a way to capitalize on the value of property here. But I do know it sucks.
It seems as if we raised our children with the same perspective of the government then our children would become reckless, never accountable for their actions. Its a good thing we don't all follow our government leaders examples of how to live.
I know I am totally whining and probably less informed that I should be, but you got an earful today of jibberish, enjoy.
I CANNOT believe that your taxes are that high! I would be ticked to high heaven to. I hope your appeal was heard and that you get some relief.
ReplyDelete$5,000...that's insane! You have every right to be ticked. I can think of a lot of places that $250 could be better utilized...it wouldn't be in the hands of the government for sure!
ReplyDeleteYou are right, that does suck! Good luck-I hope they heard your complaint and make the necessary changes.
ReplyDelete