I can't help but get excited for summer after roasting hotdogs and marshmallows over an open fire in the great outdoors. How are we so lucky? I love it.
I always look forward to the camping experience even with little kids all over the place. There is nothing better than sitting around a campfire after the kids have finally fallen asleep in the tent.
Fire is seriously mesmorizing. This comes about today because we just got back from flaming geyser national park where we had a campfire with friends and all of our crazy kids.
I think I need a fire pit in the backyard even though our backyard is 35 feet deep. I wonder if it's legal??? hmmmm?
I might have to find that out, or else act and ask questions later, hehehe.
Alright, ta ta for now.
I love camping too. The mountains are so invigorating to me. We are going to do lots of camping and hiking this summer.
ReplyDeleteCAMPING-SCHMAMPING!!! do you know i think the last time our whole family went camping was the ward campout way back when we first got to know you guys (WHICH WAS IN FACT THE HIGHLIGHT OF THAT EVENT!) because aside from that, it was a terribly frustrating evening since we arrived at the camp site AFTER dark and my darling husband said we didn't need a family tent . . . oh no . . . we could fit our family in his AWESOME two-man tent . . . the SIX of us! when he didn't show up at the campfire, i went back to discover the entire contents of the suburban strewn all over the site (everything i'd packed so neatly and perfectly so i'd know just where to find whatever we needed). he got a stern talking to (which you overheard i'm sure). while it's funny now, i haven't exactly been longing to go camping since then. matt doesn't even think that you can call it camping if your vehicle is less than 30 feet away! MEN!!! i'd probably like camping with YOUR family though!
ReplyDelete