Friday, November 30, 2007

The new kitchen floor


So yes we are remodeling our new house. . . I know that sounds absurd, BUT it was a track home and we had carpet under our dining room table. Go Figure! We have four small children, and it doesn't work so well. We love the new floor. It lightens the room in our dark seattle clouds. We picked a light color just for that reason.

Preparing to do the floor, I took off the trim that came with the house, and I don't think I am putting it back on. We have been trying to decide which style of white wood trim we would like to put on instead.

When my dad was here he showed us a fun style that we may use. Matt probably isn't as excited about the projects I come up with because he is heavily involved in completing it, but hey what can I say.

So here is a picture of part of it. We have it from our front door, through the entry to the dining room and kitchen and then into the pantry. Around 600 sq. ft.

2 comments:

  1. Dani, your floor looks amazing. Too bad we couldn't help but George was probably more a help then we could have been. I bet it is so nice to have in the kitchen with all your little ones. It looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floor looks great! I love your the color on your walls too. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete