Monday, November 10, 2008

Free is our favorite four letter F Word!!


My friend Rochelle and I hit this sale at albertson's, and it was so great we had to go back again. We went after kids went to bed. . . hello impossible to shop with children. Besides the fact that we were couponing, and to keep track of all the details is crazy alone.


Anyway Albertson's sale ends tomarrow, and if you look in their add you will see a page full of items that if you spend $30 you get $15 back, so essentially all their sale items are half the sale price. Which means. . . Wahoooooo!!! And if you go to Pillsbury.com and bettycrocker.com you can print off a coupon for most of the stuff which makes some of the items free . . . which is double wahooooo!!! Free is our favorite four letter F word.


I didn't keep track of all my spending details the first trip last week, but the second trip I was out of pocket at $55 total, and then I went back and spent my last $15 in coupons on stuff I needed, and overall I made out like a bandit. My total savings on the receipts were $238.75 , not bad!!! Once you start it is hard to stop.


Tuesday is the last day of this sale, but they are doing another one starting Wednesday which is essentially the same thing, but it is buy 20, and get 10. The key is combining a coupon with a sale!!!

I tried to take a picture but my flash is dead so it is looking funny. Sales like these are perfect for stocking up for food storage.


3 comments:

  1. It's 4 in the morning here. Can't sleep. Must be from the shopping overload I had myself. hee, hee.

    I totally loaded up on the cereal too-I got 22 boxes! A great Sale. After sales and coupons, my total was 194. I paid $50 out of pocket and saved $144!!! ~doin' the happy dance.

    There was a girl there that had 4 shopping carts full of stuff. It was CRAZY! One cart alone was full of cake mixes and frosting. What was even crazier was she had coupons for every item. She hit the motherload.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Kanani rock with your coupons. I thought I was good but man...that's amazing. I wish they had an Albertson's here and I would have been all over it. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete