I came upon this great blog that we have picked up some ideas for a RS Meeting Craft Night from Windmill lettering click here to see what they have been doing. We are doing the Christmas Countdown blocks (although we are doing our own kits. . . thanks for the idea though). I can't help it if I have every tool to cut wood known to man. . . kidding. . . not quite. . . but close. . . and Michele has a vinyl lettering machine which means if you are in our RS you are hooked up.
So the other night when I was up in the wee hours of the night surfing random blogs I came across www.tipjunkie.com and they were talking about their craft group which is called "not your mama's craft group" NYMCG. I thought it was hilarious and fabulous, and I wish I was that clever, but I am not so I will just use ideas from other people's handy blogs to facilitate the activities that we create at church.
Your blocks are really cute. Did you make those or are they the sample that was on the blog you found? We did the countdown blocks for our Fab Friday and they were a huge hit but we didn't do them with the vinyl. We just did it all digital in photoshop. It made it a cinch.
ReplyDeleteSo you cut vinyl? Are you open for business? :) We have a girl in our ward that does it but she is REALLY pricey. I have a couple things I'd love to have done.
I don't have a vinyl cutter, my friend does, I will ask her what her price is per foot. . . she has just done personal stuff and ward stuff so far. And she has just done it at cost for the ward.
ReplyDeleteI am interested to see what you did in photoshop, and what it looked like.