Friday, January 9, 2009

Recovering. . .

Christmas was a huge whirlwind, or maybe just December, but I feel like I am just barely pulling things back together. We had a white Christmas which is very unusual for this part of the country, but it was great. I loved the brightness of the snow. Matt even pulled out his snowboard and made a trek down the trail across the street from us. It was pretty funny. He decided it wasn't worth it for that short of a ride, but hey you gotta give it a try.

I painted the downstairs ceiling because I can, and wanted to have it bright white instead of beige. I know it is petty, but anything to make it seem lighter and brighter is my obsession. It took me much longer that I anticipated. . . it is definitely more difficult to paint above your head versus the wall in front of you. . . thus I have soooo much work still to do. My project was to paint the ceiling, caulk trim and paint it, and then paint the entry way and front room walls. I have a ways to go. Come on over and I will put you to work . . . ha ha!

But hey, it is winter, and everyone knows I start projects really well . . . now finishing is another story. I totally blame that on child induced adhd, Rochelle's blog entry said it the best, and I can totally relate click here to find out all about it. I am totally fine with blaming my lack of ability to accomplish something on my kids hehehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment