Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Dogs

Well they came, and it snowed. My parents and Matt's brother Ben, and his wife came for Ethan's baptism. We are having very unusual weather for Washington, we have set records this week for cold and snow. Needless to say it made getting around difficult, but we managed. I know I am from Idaho and grew up with terribly cold weather, BUT it is COLD, and I have grown accustomed to the mild weather up here. This is Grandpa's snow dog he built for the kids. . . don't say i never let you have a DOG kiddos, ha ha.



It was 18 degrees on my thermometer this morning, and it isn't ending anytime soon according to the news. I am so grateful for a warm house. We have a few inches of snow, and ice covered roads so some schools have cancelled school, but ours is just a 2 hr delay. I went to look for a sled yesterday for the kids, and the manager laughed at me when I asked. It didn't surprise me, since it never snows here, and when it does it melts quick, but not this time. . . it is frozen and should be for the rest of the week. Ethan can't get enough of it.




2 comments:

  1. What a fun grandpa. No sleds? Wrap them in plastic and send 'em down the hill. It'll work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that we could get a little bit of snow, if only for a few days. Christmas just isn't the same without it. However, I wouldn't care for the cold weather that always accompanies the snow.

    ReplyDelete