Thursday, August 21, 2008

stormy at sea!





So we were having record heat here in Seattle before we left for our little Oregon coast getaway. And it was sunny the entire way there, we were very excited. When we drove into seaside there was a smoky haze creeping over the mountains so when we checked in I asked if there were Forrest fires. . . no that is just the marine fog that is always here. A short while later were were in a dense fog, it was crazy, we were standing on the beach and couldn't even see the ocean.

So the first few days I was a little disappointed, But we bundled the kids up and out we went. We played in the rain on the beach. Not exactly as I had pictured . . . but hey nothing ever turns out the way you expect it.

Squid did have a nice fall on the tile floor of the condo, and she split open her chin really deep. There isn't a hospital there, so we butterflied it and then when it healed a bit we super glued it closed. Fortunately it healed up nicely, and is at the bottom of her chin, almost underneath, so it is not visible.

Apparently we are accident prone lately.. . hmmmm.

It was awesome to go to the tide pools at low tide, especially cannon beach. unfortunately whenever we went to look at all the fun sea critters I always managed to forget my camera.

I did get one at the homespun aquarium. . . it was very interesting. . . the aquarium that is, not the picture, ha ha.

1 comment: